Removal of a Disqualification
Removal of a Disqualification – Free initial advice from our experienced Motoring Solicitors 0115 784 1588
How can you remove a disqualification ?
You can apply to the Magistrates Court to have the disqualification removed before the end of the disqualification period.
When can you apply for removal of a Disqualification ?
- If the disqualification is for less than 4 years – after 2 years
- If the disqualification is more than 4 years but less than 10 years – after half the period has expired
- In any other cases after 5 years.
Who will deal with the matter ?
- The Crown Prosecution Service will be in attendance at the Magistrates Court to give details of the original offence.
- The magistrates will hear the application and make the decision whether to allow you your licence back early.
What factors will the Court take into account ?
- Your character
- Your conduct subsequent to the conviction
- The nature of the offence
- Any other circumstances.
Do you need any documentation for the court hearing ?
Depending on your circumstances, you may need to bring corroborative evidence to court to support your application.
Will you be able to drive straight away if you are successful ?
- Yes, if the Court order that the disqualification is removed with immediate effect
- The Court can decide to give you a licence back at a later specified date.
Why would you need a solicitor ?
- To advise you on your chances of success
- Assist you in obtaining a court date
- Tell you whether you need any supporting documentation
- To represent you in court.